6th November SCFC Minutes

Solar Community Fund Committee Meeting

DATE: Wednesday 6th November 2019
VENUE: Julia Dovey’s Home (White House, The Street, West Beckham)
Opened meeting 7:00PM
Attended by: Julia Dovey, Kathryn Lord, John Stibbons, David McNeight, Rosabelle Batt, Lorraine and Simon Wakeford, Ardna Curran, Paula Coast, Andrew and Lynne Clarke

1. Apologies:Tracy Toyne David Barrass,

2. The minutes were agreed as a fair reflection of the last meeting (August 2019)

3. Projects Update

A. Allotment Track at East Beckham Allotment
The Allotment track and carpark resurfacing had been successfully completed by the contractor Witham. KL raised the problem of soil/sand run off from the track higher up over the new ‘car park’ surface. Witham had created a small ‘ditch’ for run off but this is now completely filled back up. Is there anything they can suggest to improve and control run off?
Hedging has not yet been tackled yet but Witham have been working in the area.
RB to investigate with contractor.

B. Electricity cables (and Telephone/Broadband)
The newly low strung electric cable at the allotment entrance doesn’t seem to have caused an issue so far.
East Beckham Hall still has no broadband service since the thunderstorms of 25th/26th July. Open Reach have been working all over the Villages including trimming trees at the corner of Long Lane / Chestnut Farm where the cables had frayed. It was noted the telephone and broadband service is intermittent/dropping and with poor sound quality on lines for many in the villages.
Superfast Fibre is laid to the West Beckham village sign area but still no provision promised until December 2019? Outer reaches of the village still have extremely poor service (under 2mb)
JD to get in touch with Rural Broadband (in Heacham area) who assists getting government subsidy for the public.
NB : Did David Barrass make any progress with this after the August meeting? The deadline for submission is 31st December 2019.

C. West Beckham Allotment
Felbeck Trust had started the work on the allotment and had planted 350 trees. They had cut the allotment field too. Help came from about 20 people on a ‘Corporate Volunteer’ day. Entrance gates and a secure tool shed had been created using the donation from the SCFC.

D. Village Sign West Beckham
KL had advised the VSP regards 2020 on the sign which was confirmed as no problem. Coloured artwork was approved but a request for the solar symbols to be black not green had been given to VSP

E . Cutting Hedges at EB & Clearance Bonfire
See point A re hedges. RB
Bonfire Heap. Having tried to burn KL reported this ‘dump’ is too large and difficult to burn. A new bonfire needs to be created to burn the waste alongside – also to ensure no hedgehog or wildlife are not hurt. There are large trees in this pile which need to be chainsawed to enable clearance.
JD to contact Richard Hudson to see if he could help? Free firewood?

F. New Bench Opposite the West Beckham Bus Stop
JD discussed the possible placement with the Wilsons and it was directed to discuss with Robert McNeil Wilson at the next PC.
KL thought the trees are in the way of the current bus stop pad, so trimming will also need to be discussed/approved.
(A new Glasdon bench would be suitable for outside or buy a wooden (cheaper option) for the Bus Stop and move the Glasdon bench to outside. Could this bench be made a memorial or named. Original suggestions in the Village Questionnaire was to have Wrights Corner?)

G. Village Clean Up
It was felt this should be left until Spring. JD and AC to investigate the cleaning of the Church Village Gates with ‘Wet and Forget’ product.

H. Playground West Beckham

Nigel Roe had very kindly rubbed down and painted in green the rusting bars of the climbing cube. He had also painted the basketball hoop and removed the broken backboard. It was decided a net for the hoop was not needed.
The hinge repairs to the playground gate by Robert Toyne had been completed too. It was however noted that there is now a restricted access which may cause a problem with a pushchair etc.
JD to discuss with Tracy/Robert.

I. Bulletin next issue
The Bulletin had been delivered in October as an Autumn Edition. There had been praise for the content and style.
One advert had been placed by FABS ‘Move It Or Lose’ Club. It had been added as a point of information but there had been an offer of payment. KL to ask for a donation which would go to the SCFC (East and West Beckham Parish Council). The Bulletin issue had cost £100 this time round.
Next Issue to include ‘thanks’ for:
1. East Beckham Sign refurbishment
2. Playground refurbishment (gate & painting)
3. Regular Litter Picking by East Beckham resident

4. AOB
North Norfolk Community Transport were asking for a donation.
The Bodham Shop Questionnaire had not been issued/completed as yet?
JS provided details of a ‘community group/good neighbour scheme’ called ‘Can Connect’ in North Norfolk. They are offering advice with set ups. ACu to get in touch to see what is possible.
LM asked for ‘Speeding in the Village’ to be addressed further. VAS signs are not necessarily working elsewhere or signs on Rubbish bins….. What else? RB possible attendance to meeting with Local Police Inspector Thursday 21st November at 1pm in the Village Hall at Hindringham (NR21 0AA). JS to advise parish councillors names who wish to attend by no later than Monday 18th November.
Wind Turbine progress – inspectors had visited and decisions are expected end November.
The latest ‘Royal Haskoning DHV & Equinor’ Wind Farm cable laying scoping proposals were raised as concerns – these are new cable areas which are additional to the previously known Hornsea Three Dong Energy (now known as Orstead) LINKS TO BOTH SCHEMES PROVIDED
https://infrastructure.planninginspectorate.gov.uk/document/EN010109-000007, This new document is very large with 310 pages – the maps are at the back of the document showing West Beckham land falling into their scope.
The second link is the other older scheme to the interactive map – drill down on the map to see in close up using the +/- to see the location of substation near Little Barningham/ Plumstead/Edgefield and routes of the cabling through Bodham land. https://hornseaproject3.co.uk/Interactive-Map

5. Next Meeting date
at 7PM at Julia Dovey’s Home
February 19th 2020

Meeting closed 8.30pm

Cllr Kathryn Lord (Secretary E&WB Solar Community Fund Committee)
kathryn.lord@me.com / 07711070417
2 Hall Farm Cottages, Church Road,
West Beckham, Holt, Norfolk
NR25 6NX

Leave a Reply

Your e-mail address will not be published. Required fields are marked *