11th June SCFC Minutes 2019

Solar Community Fund Committee Meeting

DATE: Tuesday 11th June 2019
VENUE: Julia Dovey’s Home (White House, The Street, West Beckham)
Opened meeting 7:35PM
Attended by: Julia Dovey, Kathryn Lord, Andrew Clarke, Rosabelle Batt, David McNeight, Tracy Toyne, David Barrass (briefly)

1. Apologies: Simon and Lorraine Wakeford, Lynne Clarke, Frances Prokofiev

2. The minutes were agreed as a fair reflection of the last meeting (April 2019)

3. Projects Update

A. Water Harvesting at East Beckham Allotments
DM advised the water capture was working apart from 1 slight leak on tank 3 which would need attending to. There was approximately 1500 litres so far. As there are 3 spare tanks left 1 would be moved to adjoin KL/DM allotment shed roof to capture water instead of wasting the overspill.

B. Allotment Track at East Beckham Allotment
DB advised no further quotes had been forthcoming. KL to have a word with neighbour. RB to discuss with contact at the Gresham Gravel. Suggestion was to decide a budget and work to this to give a guide for quotes.

C. Use of Allotment West Beckham
The Bulletin had requested people to volunteer ideas for the allotment and 1 was forthcoming – grazing land. KL provided a discussion ‘map’. It was therefore discussed in more detail as a mixed use piece of land with Felbeck trust using ‘half’ for wildflower meadow, ‘grazing under contract for annual rental’ the other half. A tree belt planted to the north of the field along/around the old tip location could be used to demarcate the ex Tip boundaries and provide more habitat.

D. Village Sign West Beckham
The Village sign people had been in contact and suggested a date to meet up in July. KL to arrange meeting date (if possible prior to the PC meeting) to ensure artwork colours are as expected.

E. Emergency Help network
Unfortunately no-one had come forward as volunteers to join a local emergency network. JD had spoken with Foxley Village who came under a different Ambulance service area and as such they were using the VETS system provided by this ambulance area.

F. Expenditure Ongoing
JD had estimated a reserve fund of approximately £5,000 for maintaining the various projects. It was also suggested double the figure of £10,000 had been suggested at the last meeting or more if we have not reasonable projects to spend out on.
A new Glasdon bench was suggested for opposite the West Beckham Bus stop for school children (or whoever) when waiting for the bus in summer months.
JS advised the Village Sign in East Beckham is currently being repainted.

G. Village Clean Up
A grateful thanks to Ardna and her husband for the cleaning work on the Village Gates.
JD and KL to tackle the gates by the Church with ‘Wet and Forget’ product. The vegetation had been cut back.

H. Bulletin next issue (summer)
KL to compile a new Bulletin issue to go out after the horticultural show (27th July) so that the winners could be highlighted like last year.
Village Sign colouring and design
Village Pump installation
Ancestry enquiry – KL to contact the American lady for her appeal for relatives.
New leaseholders for the Wheatsheaf Pub have arrived. Danielle and Steven Moorby had resigned due to Stevens continuing ill health.
JD advised a story regards the Wellington Bomber flown by Canadian airforce men ex Marham, that crashed landed into West Beckham fields during WW11. This could be investigated and included? RAF West Beckham bunkers and childhood memories from Tracy Toyne where also mentioned.

4. AOB
None

5. Next Meeting dates
at 7PM at Julia Dovey’s Home
Tuesday 13th August

Meeting closed at 9.05pm

Cllr Kathryn Lord (Secretary E&WB Solar Community Fund Committee)
kathryn.lord@me.com / 07711070417
2 Hall Farm Cottages, Church Road,
West Beckham, Holt, Norfolk
NR25 6NX

Leave a Reply

Your e-mail address will not be published. Required fields are marked *