22nd October SCFC Minutes

Solar Community Fund Committee Meeting

DATE: Thursday 22nd October 2020
VENUE: BY ZOOM Virtual meeting
Opened meeting 7:00PM
Attended by: Julia Dovey, Kathryn Lord, David McNeight, Rosabelle Batt, David Barrass, John Stibbons, Ardna Curran, Paula Coast

1. Apologies: Tracy Toyne, Lorraine and Simon Wakeford, Andrew Clarke,

2. The minutes were agreed as a fair reflection of the last meeting (June 2020)

Matters arising from the last minutes:

New Village Sign: This was delivered shortly after the last SCFC Meeting, but still is not erected. There had been issues with the oak post which has been corrected by Geoff P and Stuart T. The cherry picker/driver from Rookery Farm is required to install the sign due to the weight.
KL to Email RMNW for update and to get installed urgently before 2020 ends.
WB Cemetery historic graves: KL spoke with Rev Frank Clarke (in August) who said a previous incumbent had recorded burial plots and the information is already collated and in the church, although currently available not due to Covid19.
JD advised a new Reverend in charge, Ian Dyble, is officially starting with the Weybourne Group of Parishes on 1st November. He lives in Blakeney with his wife Jo. KL will contact the group admin regards an update on the access to cemetery burial records.
Bench installed opposite the Bus Stop Shelter: Positive feedback had been given to JD regards the welcoming impression the bench gave to visitors etc.

3. Projects Update

3.1 Good Neighbour Scheme
The GNS has continued aiding residents who need it throughout the pandemic, with Mel Clarke in charge.
There is a plea from Bodham Cllr Callum Ringer for a Beckham representative to join a ‘Community Shop’ steering committee. There were concerns raised regarding the combining of the GNS and a Community Shop; as the shop would be a commercial enterprise (albeit not for profit) and therefore did not fit well with the GNS. No one attending our meeting volunteered to be the representative. Several other people had been approached, without success.
JD had a possible contact who she would ask. KL to put in an appeal in the next Bulletin.

3.2 Walking Leaflet
Using the ordinance survey map new ‘favourite’ walks can be over laid and then compiled into a local walks booklet?
ALL: Any favourite walks to be advised to JD.

3.3 RAF West Beckham Information Board for the Village Hall
JD asked for a volunteer to take on the collation of information for an information display board to be created (finalised by using Cheverton Printers graphic skills). This did not have a particular deadline. RAF West Beckham information is available on Mike Digby Flickr pages, www.eastandwestbeckham.org and the summer 2020 edition Bulletin.
PCoast volunteered.

3.4 Allotment Track Extension in East Beckham
Erosion of the top track continues unlike the areas with road surface clippings. It was agreed a quote from Witham Contractors could be sought to present options to the PC (12th Nov).
RB to ask Witham Contractors for quote for clippings, and some drainage soakaway by carpark?

3.5 Trophy for Horticultural Show
KL advised Langham Glass had been contacted (Johnathan Miller) who suggested a visit to see options. The cost could start from £30 upwards. Engraving for yearly winners could be put onto a separate base should regular engraving be needed – assuming a round paperweight is selected. A suitable horticultural class for the prize has not yet been selected.
Possible dates for a visit: Friday 30th Oct, Monday 2nd Nov, Wednesday 11th Nov, Friday, Wednesday 13th Nov (PM only)
******Can anyone who wishes to go advise KL if any these dates are preferable and times that suit so a trip can be planned*****

3.6 Water Resources East – possible water saving options?
KL introduced this subject as North Norfolk area is highlighted as being an area in severe deficit for water resources within the next 25 years. Can we think of some water saving options around the Parish – supply water butts??, Or Solar or Wind power options?
ALL: Any ideas to promote please consider for the next meeting. e.g. Electric car point at pubs?
KL will publish part of the report in the Bulletin
FIO: BBC Sounds Radio 4, https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000nlzk covers The Norfolk Pond Project on Open Country

3.7 Play Area in West Beckham
JS advised NNDC have advised they are not yet in a position to agree to renew the lease. They are reviewing assets and will update in approx. 5-6 weeks. They are possibly the owners of the fencing and if so may agree to replacing or repairing the fencing.
KL advised PCB Garden services had completed the cutting back of the fallen blackthorns by the road entrance so access is now possible. The undergrowth either side of the Garage is extensive bramble and several trees. Maybe this would be cleared by NNDC?
JS to advise/chase NNDC for answers

3.8 WB Graveyard – see Matters Arising

I. Next Bulletin
Suggestions for inclusion:

Community Shop Steering Committee – looking for Beckham Representative.
New Walks?
Thanks to Mel and Volunteers – Bodham over 70s lunch replacement? – see AOB
WB Village new sign installation – hopefully!
A new fence for the play area in West Beckham – possible update
Water resource shortage report – ideas?
Environmental margins protection (no dogs)
Norfolk Pond Project?
New Tree for the Churchyard ?

4. AOB
a.Trees have been removed from Wilsons Farm/Church Road/Sheringham road. Much improved light and road visibility has been the result.

b. Bodham over 70s lunch is unlikely to take place due to Covid – could the SCFC supply mince pies or small hamper to eligible residents? Who would they be? KL to ask Mel Clarke (GNS) who has this information but we need to be sensitive to data Protection.

c. Find a way to say thank you to GNS Team volunteers?
KL to find out how many people (Post Meeting: this is 8 people including helpers from local Pharmacies)

d. The SCFC agreed a replacement small decorative tree should be bought to replace the fallen Mulberry Tree at West Beckham Church.
The Mulberry needs to be cleared but there are no Church Wardens.
KL to advise Group Admin Weybourne Group of Parishes

e. Update on Cables – ACu advised UK Power networks suggest the cable in the ground at Church Road / The Malthouse is Openreach not a power cable. KL reported another cable down between 8-9 Church Road and post meeting UK Power network advise it is Openreach. (This has been reported Ref: EA4YTY11)

5. Next Meeting date

7PM (by ZOOM), 19th November 2020

Meeting closed 8.20pm

Cllr Kathryn Lord (Secretary E&WB Solar Community Fund Committee)
kathryn.lord@me.com / 07711070417
2 Hall Farm Cottages, Church Road,
West Beckham, Holt, Norfolk
NR25 6NX

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *